The project was for the Outline Planning for 43 new homes. This scheme comprises the following key features:
- Respecting and extending the footpath, building line, frontages and greenery of Chewells Lane. This will improve this part of Chewells Lane and also the access to the cemetery and public footpaths as well as the nearby local facilities and public transport.
- Providing a range of sizes and types of quality homes to complement Haddenham’s existing homes and provide for its current and future needs. The proposed north south grain to the site will allow for ideally orientated east west facing houses.
- Providing generous private gardens for the new houses. These gardens, together with well-spaced new houses will respect the views, light and amenity of the existing neighbouring houses.
- Providing a new public open space and an equipped children's play area central to the site. This public open space and the play area will also be easily accessible and clearly visible from Chewells Lane, so that they can also be enjoyed by the village’s children as well as being informally surveyed by the new homes that surround it to create a safe and secure environment.
- New shared surface roads will be provided that can be enjoyed by pedestrians, cyclists as well as car drivers and this should lead to slower car speeds on them.
- Will have carefully considered new soft and hard landscaping that enhances and complements the site and its context. Including the enhancement of the north eastern and eastern site boundaries that will help to screen the new houses.